5/5 + Seal of Approval from Endzeitgeist; Endzeitgeist Essential
By Alexander Augunas
Command, Conquer, Control! Raise armies, expand your reputation, and secure victory over your foes using Ultimate Charisma, by Everyman Gaming, LLC. Designed for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Ultimate Charisma gives GMs and players all the tools they need to put their charisma to the test as they recruit a legion of followers, exercise their leadership skills, master a variety of psychological maneuvers, and build lasting reputations and relationships to last a lifetime.
Ultimate Charisma includes:
- Leadership, redesigned and retooled into a massive, multi-faceted subsystem that allows players to exercise their influence within the campaign setting in new and exciting ways.
- Revised rules systems that allow players to use their leadership skills to attract multiple cohorts and followers and build reputations and relationships while remaining modular.
- Psychology maneuvers, an easy to use design that streamlines a character’s ability to manipulate opponents in combat using a combination of words and wits.
- New archetypes and character options.
- New feats, mythic feats, and combat tricks.
- Leadership perks, a new character option that allows characters to specialize and customize their leadership abilities to suit their needs.
- New character traits.
- And much more!
With Everyman Gaming, innovation is never more than a page away!
The literally only reason this is not a prime candidate for my Top Ten of 2015’s number one spot is that 2/3rds of this book already received their accolades last year…but even if you do already own these, rest assured that Ultimate Charisma is worth every cent of the asking price. There are quite frankly almost no books that can compete with this stellar tome. Ultimate Charisma receives easy 5 stars + seal of approval and is to be henceforth considered an EZG-Essential, a book that each and every group should take a look at. This is one of the books that will be a benchmark for years to come for me – and designers: If you’re frustrated about complaints that something does not feel concise, holistic – take a look here: This is literally how it’s done. To the point where I really hope Paizo will take a look at the antagonize-etc.-rules here and consider them for future editions/unchained-type supplements. This component really ought to be core-canon…