4/5 STARS FROM ENDZEITGEIST.
Everyman Iconics: Drake
By Alexander Augunas
Save People! Hunt Things! An all-new product line by Everyman Gaming, LLC, Everyman Iconics takes one of the recurring characters illustrated throughout Everyman Gaming’s library of products and provides information about the character like never before, including a detailed backstory, a full 20-level character build, and stat blocks for GMs and players to use the Iconic at every level of play. Within, you’ll find the following:
- Drake Windchaser, Everyman Gaming’s iconic Human Gunslinger / Ranger.
- Includes a detailed character gazetteer, featuring Drake’s vital statistics and character history.
- A full, easy-to-reference 20-level character build for Drake Windchaser including full information on his classes (gunslinger/ranger), archetypes (pistolero and monster hunter), feats, character traits, and ranger spells.
- Seven stat blocks designed to allow GMs to use Drake Windchaser as an NPC in their campaigns. Includes stats for Drake at 1st, 3rd, 7th, 10th, 13th, 17th, and 20th levels.
- Three pregenerated character sheets that allow GMs to hand a 1st, 3rd, or 7th-level version of Drake to a player for quickly playing the Everyman Iconic as a PC on the fly.
With Everyman Gaming, innovation is never more than a purchase away!
Instead, the Drake iteration we get is pretty much a progression of the character through the 20 levels that is, personality-wise and build-wise, a linear progression of an early Drake, when the source-material would have lent itself to so much more insanity. That is not a bad thing in itself, but it also means that, with the minor hiccups mentioned, I consider the character to be slightly less than what his potential would have yielded. If you want a nice, efficient build, Drake is worth getting. If you want the extra-mile and a representation that follows the series, you may end up disappointed on a high level.
Hence, my final verdict will clock in between, at 4.5 stars, though I will round down for this one.